I don’t know about you but I find it impossible to relax these days. It’s a problem a lot of women face because we’re always on the go, so when that window of opportunity finally opens, we find it impossible to unwind.
I’ve had a crazy couple of months recently with our latest house move and work commitments but this week my work schedule is a bit less hectic. Suddenly, I don’t know what to do with myself.
I feel too guilty to do the things I REALLY want to do.
I could catch up on all the housework I’ve overlooked for the past few months, but that’s about as appealing as having my eyebrows threaded by a blind person and anyway I feel far too knackered at the moment to consider anything too physical. So I’ve decided instead to listen to what my body needs. To relax. For me that seems to engender a liberal dose of laughter, a good read, alcohol and titillation.
Let me know which ones you agree with:
- Pack the family off to McDonalds followed by a viewing of Terms of Endearment at the movies so that they remember how lucky they are to have you in their lives, pour yourself a hot bath, add essential oils, light some candles and consume a whole bottle of Moet et Chandon Champagne by yourself.
- Stand on the floor in the downward dog position with a water bottle full of wine by your side, close your eyes and imagine tantric sex with your dream shag. Exercise can be relaxing.
3. Go for a healing power shop in David Jones but make sure that you start in the Food Hall with the Oysters and Champagne, followed by a chocolate-dipped strawberry binge.
- Pull out old family photo albums and stick imaginary pins in photos of your partner if he/she’s stressing you out.
- Go on Pinterest and laugh at all those amazing recipes that other women actually do with their free time while you’re drinking wine.
- Visit Designer shops such as Chanel and Burberry and have your Pretty Woman moment. Try on all those beautiful, sparkly ball dresses and Jimmy Choos that you’ll never be able to afford to wear and saunter around with all those Designer handbags that are far too big for anyone to seriously carry and then leave without buying anything.
- You could play it safe and buy a copy of every woman’s magazine but all you’ll discover is how fat Kim Kardashion is this week. So buy a copy of Playgirl instead and laugh at willies.
- Read back-to-back copies of Cosmo and be grateful you’re no longer judged by your looks, how well you give head or how good you are in the sack.
- Download every Heath Ledger movie and have a Tequila-thon with your girlfriends.
10. Then there’s sex. Apparently many of us still quite like it in middle age and the myth about middle-aged women not having any libido is exactly that. More importantly, it’s a great stress-buster, apparently – depending on who you’re with, I assume. Personally, I’d still prioritize the David Jones Food Hall. Who wants to burn calories, get all sweaty and clean up body fluids when you’re supposed to be relaxing?